This citation style was created in Vancouver in 1978 – hence the popular title “The Vancouver Style”. Since 2013 the official title has been ”Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals” (ICMJE Recommendations).
Other titles associated with Vancover are:
- ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors)
- Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals (URM)
- The NLM Style (National Library of Medicine)
The standard is primarily used when writing for Medicine.
- UCN Vancouver (updated September in regards to law publications). UCN library
- Vancouver examples
- Citing Medicine (National Library of Medicine)
- ICMJE Recommendations
For more examples go to the links above.